Saturday, January 05, 2013

Vultures - Epitaph

I want to be left out,
In the Tower of Silence.
Vultures shall help me out,
With me reaching my destination.
It will serve many purposes;
They will have their belly-full,
Of juicy flesh marinated in Vodka,
And spicy kebabs.
There shall be no air pollution,
With smoke bellowing out,
Of burning polluted minds.
I will be happy and peaceful,
In knowing that I haven't wasted, 
My people's hard-earned money,
As I used to
When I was ALIVE.



- Anindita Kargupta
Her previous Poems on this blog have been

1 comment:

provoqd said...

Hi Aparna,

Quite a thought provoking post. You've correctly pointed out that at the end of this life, we'll have to give back what we took from nature. In this way, we go from this world in the exact same manner as we entered it during birth.

Regards

Jay
My Blog | My FB Page