Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Entry into Media 12/12/12

After dilly dallying for 3 years in the development sector - idealising about how this regular sensitive woman would make a change to this world, this woman has taken the plunge to glamorous media life. The news update is that I have become lifestyle journalist. However I will probably make other efforts to keep letting that 'change' happen. However little I can do. Ah well! The biggest murderer of professionals (even the lazy ones like me) intent on wanting to shift to development sector is the fast rising populace of NGOs only forming to fleece money and not do any real work. There are some that are professional organisations which work to provide services and solutions with the intention of helping the economically challenged. But few and far between. And the attrition and disillusionment rates are high, and not because working in NGOs is a fad. 

In other news. I met a fantastic conversationalist yesterday. One of those very few people who is friendlier than me (a slight chance). Smart, good natured, polite, had a great smile... All in all quite charismatic.. Talked well. Spoke about his village near barreilly, told me about his sisters who have had love marriages. Told me about 2 of his best friends. In the 1 and a half hour I spent in the auto in the rain drenched cold evening on the delhi roads... I was thoroughly entertained. One thing really touched me - he said he wont get married till he gets a stable job and is able to afford buying his own house back. Because a girl shouldnt have to suffer his lack of achievements. Especially if he loves her... And then added, "aap yeh mat samajhna ki autovaala hoon to shadi arranged hi karunga, bina love ke shaadi shaadi nahi hoti". He was funny, and had loads of stories to tell, and I met a happy go lucky autovaala after about 2 years. Which cheered me up even more than my new job.

It is 12:05 on 12/12/12 right now... Might as well schedule this post for 12:12 on 12/12/12.... Lame and awesome at the same time... 

No comments: