This is a favourite in the parties that often happen at my place. And tastes really nice as a side to Pasta. It has a sweet and sour flavour to it, and I personally love the twang of pineapple in this very colorful dish.
½ Kg chicken (preferably breast), cut into slices
2-3 tablespoon soy sauce
1 Can Del Monte pineapple tid bits (crushed)
½ " slice fresh ginger grated
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon cooking wine
3-4 tablespoons Del Monte Olive Oil
1 big onion, sliced (not very thinly)
1 sliced yellow bell pepper
1 sliced red bell pepper
1 tablespoon Butter
½ spoons freshly crushed black pepper
Little salt to taste
- Place washed chicken in a bowl. Combine crushed pineapple, 1 tablespoon red wine, ginger and soy sauce.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for 1 hour in the fridge.
- In a medium deep pan heat the oil and sauté garlic and onion lightly.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces. Reserve the marinade for later.
- When chicken is half cooked, add the marinade little by little to use the entire marinade but not make it soupy over low heat.
- When chicken is tender and almost cooked, add in the bell peppers to the wok/pan and saute them till done. Add salt. Don’t overcook the peppers.
- Serve it hot in a shallow dish. Add the butter on top of the serving and crush fresh pepper on the serving.
I also add in red chilly flakes for myself because I really like spicy food, it is a good option.
Also you could add more veggies like broccoli and mushrooms if you like.