This is a very healthy recipe for Mushrooms. and can be tried very easily at home. I have found that most people love it as a side to Toasted Garlic bread.
1 tablespoon DelMonte Olive Pomace Oil
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon ginger paste
½ teaspoon cornflower
1 bowl (100 gms) button Mushrooms diced
1 teaspoon Chilli flakes
Salt to Taste
1 fresh lime juice
- Pour just 1 table spoon Delmonte Olive pomace oil into a frying pan. (You can use even lesser oil, but simmer the flame so that the ingredients don't stick)
- Sautee the garlic and ginger paste lightly and add the mushrooms. Sautee the mushrooms lightly too.
- In a separate container mix the cornflower to half a cup of water till completely dissolved. Add this mixture to the pan and simmer the flame.
- Add the chilli flakes and salt, and let the water reduce for 7 to 10 minutes. Once the Water has evaporated take the mushrooms off the heat and pour it in the serving utensil.
- Add a freshly squeezed lime juice on the mushrooms and mix it with a spoon.
- For garnish, add a little grated rind of a fresh lemon and a fresh cilantro leaf. Serve when hot.
This dish can be served with roti/ or bread as per your choice.
Alternate recipe – instead of using water, you could use toned milk and when cooking cover the dish so the sauce isn’t reduced completely. Incase milk is added lemon could be substituted with oregano.
You can also use Broccoli instead of Mushrooms for this recipe, be very sure not to overcook it.