About the Writer

My photo

Not so young Fashion Graduate From National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Delhi, India. Aspiring journalist. Amongst other eclectic hobbies, she likes writing and has written several poems and articles over her school and college life and now for a living. She would someday like to be be a more popular writer than just on her blogs. 'Tis a lady of grand splendor, who waketh in my bed every morning while the sun beckons her towards night...

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Datsun Redi Go - Get ready to live

Photo Courtesy : Datsun.co.in

In the fast paced life of the metros, a car is a necessity. It has taken me several years of procrastination to finally up and learn how to drive – after everyone in my family complained. But the biggest reason to get a car now is that it makes everything easier, whether it is going to work, to run errands or even to go for movies.

An ideal car is important for that. It needs to have some good features that would keep you comfortable. Especially for me as a new driver I need a breezy car that I can drive around the city without worrying so much about parking space etc.

There are many cars in the market and you must choose wisely. Here is one vehicle that has grabbed my attention. The Datsun Redi GO.

There is a personal history behind this car brand too. My mother-in-law tells me the story of her first encounter with a Datsun three decades ago. Although she is not able to recount the make, but she tells a story of a time when she had gone for her honeymoon in 1984.

The newly-wed couple had gone to Kathmandu. Empty streets, imported goods in the market – everything was fascinating. As many know you don’t need a Visa to visit Nepal – but MIL says that it looked no less than a European country. Primarily because there were stylish Datsuns on the road running as taxis! She was fascinated by this stylish car being used in Kathmandu as taxis to ferry people from one point to another.

Anyway, the Datsun Redi GO has some unique features that make it an ideal car to take for vacation. Primarily because:

  1. Size – Being a compact car, this one is ideal for city driving where parking space and maneuverability are big issues.
  2. Mileage – I travel to my MIL’s place very often. (she lives in Greater Noida, while I live in the heart of South Delhi) And it does matter how much oil I am burning to go there every other weekend. An obvious choice is to go for a car that gives great mileage at 25 km/L Redi GO is ideal.
  3. Ground Clearance – A big challenge of driving on the local ‘galis’ of Delhi is that you can’t escape potholes and speed breakers. Many small cars fail to include this feature in their car. Datsun Redi GO on the other hand has a 185 cm ground clearance which is quite good and better than many other cars of the same segment in the market. 

Additionally, the car looks stylish and compact – which is a huge plus for me.

I think it is time to go and test it. Living in Delhi, I wish I could try it outside city traffic – and the ideal place for it would be the Greater Noida Expressway – 20 something kilometres of traffic less driving. You can speed up and feel the power, mileage and braking systems of the car. And the comfort factor can be tested on the road (rather broken) that leads up to it.

Fun. Freedom. Confidence. The ultimate Urban Cross - Datsun Redi-GO - the capability of a crossover with the convenience of a hatchback.
Post a Comment